ZeroAvia is a leader in zero-emission aviation, flying the world’s largest hydrogen-electric aircraft since September 2020. Its focus is the design and commercialization of hydrogen-powered aviation solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting short-haul, sub-regional commercial flights up to 500 miles. To date, ZeroAvia has secured the UK CAA and FAA experimental permit to fly for its 6 seat aircraft powered by hydrogen-electric powertrain, passed significant flight tests, and is on track for commercial deliveries by 2024. Its achievements to date were rewarded by the UK prime minister by inviting ZeroAvia as a member to the UK Jet Zero Council.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors, delivering a solution that will be not only without carbon emissions but also cheaper to operate. Commercialising the solution requires the establishment of a new clean aviation ecosystem, encompassing hydrogen production from renewable energy sources and tackling public perception of safety.
Working within the Design Organisation the Certification Engineer reports to the Head of DOA and Airworthiness and is responsible for;
- Creating Certification and Compliance Demonstration documentation in accordance with the Procedures defined in the DOH
- Assisting with generation of Permit to Fly and associated Flight Conditions Approval justifications
- Assisting with preparation of Ground and Flight Test Plans and Test setup/conduct
- Interfacing with various organisations as required in relation to airworthiness and compliance demonstration
- Assisting with Regulator liaison
- Acting as Drawing Checker (where appropriately authorised)
- Acting as CVE (on behalf of COA where appropriately authorised)
- Aeronautical Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years practical experience in a similar role with a CAA/EASA Part 21J Design Organisation
- Strong working knowledge of Part21J and CS23/25 Regulations
- Experience of Safety Assessment following ARP4761 or Systems Engineering following ARP4751
- Specialist experience in any of the following: Avionics, Electrical, Fuel Systems, Propulsion, Structural Modifications
- Supplier or DOA auditing experience
- Part 21G Production Organisation or Part 145 Maintenance Organisation Experience
- Previous approval as Part 21J Compliance Verification Engineer
Diversity and inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.