Global IT Manager
ZeroAvia is a leader in zero-emission aviation, flying the world's largest hydrogen-electric aircraft since September 2020. Its focus is the design and commercialization of hydrogen-powered aviation solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting short-haul, sub-regional commercial flights up to 500 miles. To date, ZeroAvia has secured the UK CAA and FAA experimental permit to fly for its 6-seat aircraft powered by hydrogen-electric powertrain, passed significant flight tests, and is on track for commercial deliveries by 2024. Its achievements to date were rewarded by the UK prime minister by inviting ZeroAvia as a member to the UK Jet Zero Council.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors, delivering a solution that will be not only without carbon emissions but also cheaper to operate. Commercializing the solution requires the establishment of a new clean aviation ecosystem, encompassing hydrogen production from renewable energy sources and tackling public perception of safety.
Manage the IT systems, in respect of the day to day running of the IT Support desk, ensuring all work is completed in a timely manner, helping ZeroAvia grow at speed by providing the systems and processes that we are going to need.
- Provide an escalation point for technical issues.
- Provide advice on the most suitable IT choices.
- Plan, design and implement all aspects of IT infrastructure.
- Monitor system and network performance. Continuous quality improvement.
- Liaise, where necessary, with our external stakeholders and manage relationships where appropriate.
- Lead special projects, when required, under the direction of our operations team.
- Weekly reporting of on-going and completed issues.
- Ensure the training needs of the department are met, negotiating where appropriate to achieve the best possible price.
- Oversee the application of company policies and procedures, including personnel issues such as absences, disciplinary and grievance matters.
- Extensive and demonstrable knowledge of Google suite of products, network infrastructure and security related systems.
- Recognised industry related qualifications in diverse areas.
- Experience with IT best practices, particularly in relation to IT security.
- Experience working in IT for a fast growing business and being very hands on as you grow your team.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, multi-task effectively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess exceptional problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Methodical with ability to organise & prioritize.
- Ability to work well individually & as part of a team.
Diversity and Inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status