Production CAD Engineer
ZeroAvia is a leader in zero-emission aviation, flying the world's largest hydrogen-electric aircraft since September 2020. Its focus is the design and commercialization of hydrogen-powered aviation solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting short-haul, sub-regional commercial flights up to 500 miles. To date, ZeroAvia has secured the UK CAA and FAA experimental permit to fly for its 6 seat aircraft powered by hydrogen-electric powertrain, passed significant flight tests, and is on track for commercial deliveries by 2023. Its achievements to date were rewarded by the UK prime minister by inviting ZeroAvia as a member of the UK Jet Zero Council.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors, delivering a solution that will be not only without carbon emissions but also cheaper to operate. Commercializing the solution requires the establishment of a new clean aviation ecosystem, encompassing hydrogen production from renewable energy sources and tackling public perception of safety.
You will also be critical to ensure that the various designs are well throughout and designed in such a way that can be manufactured. You will also need to work with the manufacturing arm to verify that designs can be produced either inhouse or with outside suppliers. You will also be required to work with various rapid prototyping teams for special projects
- Work with various Engineering teams world wide to ensure quality designs
- Work with the Machine Shop to ensure prototype are manufactured to specifications
- Work with Tiger Team to realize special projects
- Work with the Testing Team to understand the failures of mechanical designs
- Masters in Materials Engineering > 5 years of experience
- Mastery of SolidWorks or similar software
- Experience with Solidworks CAM package or similar software
- Understanding of various subsystems such as Proplustion or Thermodynamics
- Hands on experience in machining
- Unrelenting attention to detail.
- Can do attitude
Diversity and Inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.