ZeroAvia is a leader in zero-emission aviation, flying the world's largest hydrogen-electric aircraft since September 2020. Its focus is the design and commercialization of hydrogen-powered aviation solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting short-haul, sub-regional commercial flights up to 500 miles. To date, ZeroAvia has secured the UK CAA and FAA experimental permit to fly for its 6 seat aircraft powered by hydrogen-electric powertrain, passed significant flight tests, and is on track for commercial deliveries by 2023. Its achievements to date were rewarded by the UK prime minister by inviting ZeroAvia as a member of the UK Jet Zero Council.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors, delivering a solution that will be not only without carbon emissions but also cheaper to operate. Commercializing the solution requires the establishment of a new clean aviation ecosystem, encompassing hydrogen production from renewable energy sources and tackling public perception of safety.
- Delivering the software engineering tasks for a project within the allocated budget and time frame.
- Coordinating the project engineering team to develop and deliver a solution that is technically and commercially acceptable.
- Generating, understanding, and reviewing system requirements.
- Developing and documenting Software architecture, design, and verification strategies.
- Ensuring that the specification, design, and acceptance information is fully traceable.
- Leading all the activities relating to Software verification and acceptance.
- Providing input to project schedules through regular and clear progress reports.
- Supporting bids by providing technical solutions, estimates, and plans.
- Proficient in C/Assembly/C++
- Previous experience with embedded software development
- Experience of model-based system design for complex systems.
- Ability to prototype and provide Proof of Concepts
- Thorough understanding of DO178B/C, Standard and objectives.
- Ability to review schematics and read data sheets; experience supporting hardware bring-ups and debugging
- Perform requirement analysis and flow down to software and detail design.
- Ability to work in a structured engineering process-oriented environment, with experience of software quality and management processes.
- Experience in model-based software development in Simulink/Stateflow.
- Experience in application development using AE653 compliant operating systems.
- Knowledge of communication protocols like ARINC825, ARINC429, I2C, CANOpen and Serial Bus.
- Experience in scripting languages like Python would be an added advantage.
- Experience in ALM tools like Polarion and Configuration management tools like Teamcenter would be an added advantage.
Diversity and Inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.