Junior Procurement Buyer
ZeroAvia is a leader in zero-emission aviation, flying the world's largest hydrogen-electric aircraft since September 2020. Its focus is the design and commercialization of hydrogen-powered aviation solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting short-haul, sub-regional commercial flights up to 500 miles. ZeroAvia has secured the UK CAA and FAA experimental permit to fly for its 6-seat aircraft powered by a hydrogen-electric powertrain passed significant flight tests and is on track for commercial deliveries by 2023. Its achievements to date were rewarded by the UK prime minister by inviting ZeroAvia as a member of the UK Jet Zero Council.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors, delivering a solution that will be not only without carbon emissions but also cheaper to operate. Commercializing the solution requires the establishment of a new clean aviation ecosystem, encompassing hydrogen production from renewable energy sources and tackling public perception of safety.
The Junior Procurement Buyer will own the procurement of hardware for key programs that support ZeroAvia’s 2024 market entry target. The junior procurement buyer will assist ZeroAvia’s purchasing and procurement manager, negotiate pricing and delivery times with suppliers, and track delivery. The procurement buyer will also assist in receiving, incoming inspection, and inventory management.
- Draft and prepare quotations, purchase orders, other standard agreements, and approvals in line with internal procedures.
- Analyse Engineering Bills of materials, process, confirm, and communicate requirements to the suppliers.
- Negotiate dead-lines/quantities and prices with suppliers.
- Establish and implement action plans to limit risks and ensure program objectives are met.
- Track supplier progress ensuring on-time delivery.
- Handle logistics, shipping, import, and export process.
- Support planning and scheduling activities.
- Assisting with the day-to-day procurement activities such as materials, tooling, components, and services
- Conduct the raising of purchase orders and provide fulfillment activities with suppliers to ensure the products are delivered on time
- Working closely with the finance team to ensure invoices and bills are paid on time
- Build and maintain relationships with both suppliers and internal stakeholders such as the engineering and quality team members
- Assist with the creation of new procurement processes as an ERP system is implemented
Knowledge, experience, and qualifications
- A high degree of ownership of procurement, the ability to adapt to issues as they arise, and provide solutions.
- Formal qualification, ideally in Engineering, Aerospace, Science, or Business.
- At least 2 years experience in procurement/buyer role in the aerospace industry.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills, proven in working in teams w/ technical and non-technical members and building rapport.
- Flexible approach to work and a high level of drive and ambition to help achieve the organization's goals.
- A genuine passion for clean technology and the future of electric aviation.
- A high level of attention to detail and professional integrity.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with varying levels of requirements efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrate ability to understand Engineering Drawings & technical specifications.
- Experience with ERP and MRP systems as well as with standard Microsoft Office applications.
Diversity and Inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.