ZeroAvia is a leader in zero-emission aviation, flying the world's largest hydrogen-electric aircraft since September 2020. Its focus is the design and commercialization of hydrogen-powered aviation solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting short-haul, sub-regional commercial flights up to 500 miles. To date, ZeroAvia has secured the UK CAA and FAA experimental permit to fly for its 6 seat aircraft powered by hydrogen-electric powertrain, passed significant flight tests, and is on track for commercial deliveries by 2023. Its achievements to date were rewarded by the UK prime minister by inviting ZeroAvia as a member of the UK Jet Zero Council.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors, delivering a solution that will be not only without carbon emissions but also cheaper to operate. Commercializing the solution requires the establishment of a new clean aviation ecosystem, encompassing hydrogen production from renewable energy sources and tackling public perception of safety.
The project manager will own the technical and financial delivery of publicly and privately funded projects, designed to achieve ZeroAvia’s 2023 market entry target. Those projects include core technology R&D projects, projects establishing an ecosystem surrounding ZeroAvia, and projects with airlines to deliver on our ambition. The project manager will work with the Head of Programs to plan projects, coordinate resources, oversee risk management, manage stakeholder relationships, develop management tools/metrics, and report progress to internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead project delivery of small to medium projects within ZeroAvia
- Interact with the engineering and commercial teams to deliver projects on time and in scope
- Work with the Engineering team to understand project Interdependencies
- Track overall project status
- Responsible for coordinating commercial and technical issues and requirements
- Manage risk register driving closure of mitigation actions
- Manage Supplier Action trackers, driving closure of external and internal open items.
- Communicate proactively with the funding bodies/project partners / clients to deliver outcomes, report status, and discuss next steps
- Prepare reports across several projects. Manage off-track items and resolve conflicts. Track and act on risk management updates
- Lead, prepare and document meetings with internal and external stakeholders to review progress, plan budgets, and manage tasks
- Coordinate approvals with the ZeroAvia leadership team
- Contribute to and develop teams, project management best practices, and execution standards
Knowledge, experience, and qualifications
- A high degree of ownership for project delivery – proven track record. This includes demonstrable problem-solving skills, the ability to adapt to issues as they arise, and provide solutions
- Formal qualification, ideally in Engineering, Aerospace, Science, or Business
- At least 3 years experience in leading complex projects, ideally in the aerospace industry
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills, proven in working in teams w/ technical and non-technical members and building rapport with those
- Flexible approach to work and a high level of drive and ambition to help achieve the organisation's goals
- A genuine passion for clean technology and the future of electric aviation
- A high level of attention to detail and professional integrity
- Ability to work on multiple programs with varying levels of requirements efficiently and effectively
- Experience with common project management tools as well as with standard Microsoft Office applications
Diversity and Inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.