Head of Product
ZeroAvia is a leader in zero-emission aviation, flying the world’s largest hydrogen-electric aircraft since September 2020. Our focus is the design and commercialization of hydrogen-powered aviation solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting short-haul, sub-regional commercial flights up to 500 miles. To date, ZeroAvia has secured the UK CAA and FAA experimental permit to fly for its 6 seat aircraft powered by hydrogen-electric powertrain, passed significant flight tests, and is on track for commercial deliveries by 2024. Its achievements to date were rewarded by the UK prime minister by inviting ZeroAvia as a member to the UK Jet Zero Council.
This senior role, reporting to VP infrastructure and responsible for product development across power and renewable energy systems, gaseous and liquid hydrogen technologies.
- Mastery in product development–as an art and science, market activation, build vs buy optionality,requirement analysis, procurement and contracting strategy
- Mastery in translating novel technology and business model to products.and of systems engineering in order to set verification and validation pathways
- Novel and exciting ways to synthesise and visualise complex information, make sense from ambigutiy–bound creative thinking to commercial discipline
- Expertise in engaging with the market, to build the market and to develop technical partnerships
- Expertise in building out product strategy roadmaps and make decisions grounded in strong technoeconomics
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills
- Deep understanding of power markets, software, process engineering, aero engineering, thermodynamic a plus
- Expertise in Process Safety
- Demonstrated track record in product development with background in science, engineering or design
- Qualifications in engineering, science, computer/information technology, economics, product development, symbolic logic, design preferred; other qualifications considered.
- Innovation, growth hacking experience within Energy,Hardtech PRoduct development, all strong
- Quantifiable experience of delivery under pressure in multiple roles spanning product technology, engineering and commercial development roles is necessary
- Reliability, safety and operational experience a bonus
- Top tier companies/start ups track record
- H2 and/or aviation experience not necessary but bonus
Diversity and inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.