Fuel Cell Engineer
ZeroAvia is a leader in zero-emission aviation, flying the world's largest hydrogen-electric aircraft since September 2020. Its focus is the design and commercialization of hydrogen-powered aviation solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting short-haul, sub-regional commercial flights up to 500 miles. To date, ZeroAvia has secured the UK CAA and FAA experimental permit to fly for its 6-seat aircraft powered by hydrogen-electric powertrain, passed significant flight tests, and is on track for commercial deliveries by 2023. Its achievements to date were rewarded by the UK prime minister by inviting ZeroAvia as a member to the UK Jet Zero Council.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors, delivering a solution that will be not only without carbon emissions but also cheaper to operate. Commercializing the solution requires the establishment of a new clean aviation ecosystem, encompassing hydrogen production from renewable energy sources and tackling public perception of safety.
- Design and analysis of Powertrain- Fuel Cell systems and/or Production Systems
- Apply knowledge and understanding of the requirements and methods for showing compliance to 14 CFR 25.1309
- System safety assessment, Fault Hazard Analysis and Single & Multiple Failure Analysis
- Development Assurance and experience with ARP4754A and AC20-174
- Requirements development for aerospace systems and hardware
- Operational and Functional Analysis applied to the development of Fuel Cell and Electric Propulsion products and systems
- Analyze, verify, and validate the performance of hardware and software components in a space system
- Support the validation and verification plans execution for DO-178, DO-254, and EASA/CAA regulatory compliance
- Develop use cases and sequence diagrams
- Develop and maintain Interface Control Documents (ICDs) for complex aerospace and ground architectures
- Support planning for and execution of subsystem and vehicle-level integration and test campaign
- Work with customers, ZeroAvia leadership, and software & systems engineers to translate high-level customer requirements into specific work packages and detailed hardware & software requirements
- Exercise critical thinking and innovative problem solving
- Support new business pursuits including white papers and proposals
- Mentor and coach junior engineers
- Work on trade studies, and requirements/interface definitions.
Experience and Qualifications
- Systems engineering, familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering and/or proficient developing models
- Working knowledge and experience developing/applying aviation related system safety analysis methods such as System Safety Risk Assessments, Fault-tree Analysis (FTA), Functional Hazard Assessment (FHA) and Safety Assessment Report (SAR)
- Experience in systems engineering involving system requirements, functional decomposition and allocation, integrated design, analysis and evaluation, verification
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements and methods for showing compliance to 14 CFR 25.1309
- Experience in system safety assessment, Fault Hazard Analysis and Single & Multiple Failure Analysis.
- Experience and Knowledge of Development Assurance and ARP4754A and AC20-174
- Proficient in requirements development for aerospace systems and hardware
- Lead and oversee execution of efforts to include planning, scoping, development, testing, analysis, implementation, schedule and reporting
- Experience in development program and standing up new production systems, activating factories, and defining key requirements for successful manufacturing execution
- Experience in developing technical requirements for a development program
- Experience in CONOPS development
- Experience in systems engineering involving system requirements
Diversity and Inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.