ZeroAvia is a leader in zero-emission aviation, flying the world's largest hydrogen-electric aircraft since September 2020. Its focus is the design and commercialization of hydrogen-powered aviation solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting short-haul, sub-regional commercial flights up to 500 miles. To date, ZeroAvia has secured the UK CAA and FAA experimental permit to fly for its 6-seat aircraft powered by hydrogen-electric powertrain, passed significant flight tests, and is on track for commercial deliveries by 2024. Its achievements to date were rewarded by the UK prime minister by inviting ZeroAvia as a member to the UK Jet Zero Council.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors, delivering a solution that will be not only without carbon emissions but also cheaper to operate. Commercializing the solution requires the establishment of a new clean aviation ecosystem, encompassing hydrogen production from renewable energy sources and tackling public perception of safety.
Working with the Simulation team and in conjunction with the Power Generation system team, the Simulation Engineer (Fuel cell systems) will be responsible for:
- Development of the Simulation plant and control models for the Power Generation system and validation of models using test data
- Development of various sub system plant and control models in the Fuel cell system (such as Anode system, Cathode system, Thermal system, Electrical system etc)
- Optimization of sub systems using simulation techniques to help make design choices
- Development of control systems for Fuel cell systems and integration of existing control systems onto the simulation system
- Support other teams in Power Generation system with their simulation requirements
- Work together with HiL team to integrate simulation models into HiL rig
- Participating in systems design and integration reviews
- Working to aviation systems engineering (ARP4754) and safety engineering (ARP4761) standards
- Supporting planning and risk activities to ensure on time delivery of tasks and projects
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline such as Mechanical, Aerospace, Powertrain, Electrical Engineering, Controls or a related field.
- Proven track record in designing simulation models for various applications (preferably powertrain applications for aircrafts/ICE Engines/Gas Turbine engines/Fuel cell systems)
- Experience of analysis of various systems and optimization based on requirements
- Prior experience in usage of simulation tools such as ANSYS, MATLAB Simulink/Simscape
- Knowledge of System Engineering development standard ARP4754, safety and certification processes
- Experience with MBSE in specifying, designing, analyzing and verifying systems
- Appreciation of the complex challenges within hydrogen electric aircraft propulsion and the balancing of system design attributes.
- Experience of authoring and reviewing requirements using management tools
Diversity and Inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status