Motor Control Design Engineer
ZeroAvia is a leader in zero-emission aviation, flying the world's largest hydrogen-electric aircraft since September 2020. Its focus is the design and commercialization of hydrogen-powered aviation solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting short-haul, sub-regional commercial flights up to 500 miles that will be commercially available by 2024. ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors, delivering a solution that will be not only without carbon emissions but also cheaper to operate. Commercialising the solution requires the establishment of a new clean aviation ecosystem, encompassing hydrogen production from renewable energy sources and tackling public perception of safety. ZeroAvia has raised $60m+ in VC funding to date, and has an exciting future ahead.
- Responsible for motor control and monitoring algorithms and models (PM machines)
- Responsible for creating multi design optimisation algorithm including all the systems
- Develop motor control with sensor and sensorless control (Kalman, Resolver, Encoder , Effect hall sensors)
- Create and implement the Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) test bench using a real-time simulator for power electronics, interfaces and sensors
- Integrate and debug motion control models, including inverters, fuel cell and motors, cooling systems , sensors , Systems controllers
- Create test plans, procedures and reports following the standards for hardware and software validation.
- Set up the rapid prototype design and verification using RCP/Embedded code
- Set up the dyno, back to back test rig, and support Ironbird control testing
- Support motor control and system in aircraft, troubleshooting, debugging
- Support software integration by engineering embedded code and embedded firmware, and performing hardware-software integration.
Experience and Qualifications
Master’s degree in electrical engineering or foreign degree equivalent, Experience with motor control, software, hardware/software in the loop , Dyno, qualification, integration, calibration.
- Motor control algorithm for PSM motor/generator : torque and speed control
- Excellent knowledge of motor modeling, design and verification : Electromagnetic , thermal and electrical modelisation
- Experience with power electronics Inverter/Converters and electrical systems
- Excellent capability/ability to standrise control and monitoring algorithm
- Excellent knowledge of software model and hand coding
- Excellent and versatile capability to run Dyno and back to back motor
- Hands on and support cross teams : Hardware and system team / Test team and aircraft integration
- Hardware in the loop design and verification
- Design and implementation of rapid prototype using dSPACE products
- Implementation of automatized test benches using , HIL, Python, Excel
- Highly experienced in MATLAB coding, Simulink , Target link , Embedded code environment
- Troubleshooting test benches and equipment, analogue, digital, high speed communication
- Excellent ability and skills with CAN bus, RSxxx buses , Ethernet
- Troubleshooting Software (Code C) with code compose
Diversity and inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.